||The Gold Financing Scheme has been set up to provide working capital loans to gold jewellery manufacturers.
||Existing gold jewellery manufacturers
||The business must have economic merit;
• Client must require a minimum of 4kg and a maximum of 10kg of gold;
• The client must have a secured contract/s;
• Funding will only be available for manufacturing activities taking place in South Africa;
• Financial contribution from owners will be required. This will be determined on a project-by-project basis;
• The client must possess requisite statutory approvals and documents for handling precious metals;
• Only existing businesses will be funded;
• Security will be required, such will be determined on a case-by-case basis;
• The client must comply with the IDC’s normal funding requirements;
• The client must have adequate insurance against gold loss; and
• Acceptable physical security and metals management systems will be required.
||The working capital loans under the scheme are provided at a fixed interest rate of 3% per annum.
The IDC’s business support programme offers non-financial support to entrepreneurs. The support is available pre- and post-approval.
||Industrial Development Corporation
||Applications can be done online via www.idc.co.za or submitted to any IDC office.
Download the Gold Loan Scheme brochure [PDF, 1.57Mb]